And as it went, everybody commented on Nina's Makaronia and how delicious it was. So I am dedicating this blog entry to Nina......geia sta heria sou!
3/4 of a packet macaroni
1 halloumi cheese grated
1/2 kg minced meat
1 large onion chopped
7 sprigs of parsley chopped
5 tbsp butter for the cream
2 tbsp for frying
7 tbsp of plain flour
1-1 1/2 litres of fresh milk
2 eggs beaten
1 cube chicken stock
- Boil water with a cube of chicken stock and add the macaroni. Cook until done according to instructions on the package. When done, drain all the water and pour 1/2 the macaroni into a 30cm x 30cm pyrex dish and cover with 1/2 of the grated halloumi cheese.
- Fry the minced meat in 2 tbsp of butter and then add the onions, parsley and salt, pepper and ground cinnamon to taste, until the meat is cooked. Remove from heat and pour 1/2 of the minced meat ontop of the macaroni and grated cheese to cover the whole area.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Mix with a whisk to get rid of all the lumps before you add the milk. When lump free, pour in 1 litre of milk and the beaten eggs. Mix until it is kind of thick. You might need to add more milk to get a nice concistany.
- Pour just enough of the cream ontop of the minced meat to totally cover it. Then add the rest of the macaroni, the rest of the cheese , then the rest of the minced meat, and finally the rest of the cream.
- Add a knob of butter in the middel and some on the sides and cook at 180 degree celcius for 45-60 minutes.