The recipe that follows is enough for 4 people.
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
1/2 kilo of minced meat
3/4 of a espresso cup crushed rice
1 onion grated
1 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg beaten
Ingredients for the Soup
1.4 litres of water
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped artichokes
1/2 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 egg separated
juice of 2 lemons
- Mix all meatball ingredients together in a bowl and then roll into ping pong sized balls and place on a tray that is dusted with flour. Cover all the meatballs with flour so that they do not fall apart in the soup.
- Boil the water with one chicken flavoured maggi cube (chicken stock) and one vegetable flavoured maggi cube (vegetable stock). Then add all the chopped vegetables only and keep boiling the vegetables for 10-15 minutes. Do NOT add the egg and the lemon yet.
- Add the meatballs and keep boiling until the rice in the meatballs is cooked. You have to eye it and estimate when the rice in the meatballs is cooked. When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat.
- Whisk the egg white until it is thick and frothy. Then whisk in the yolk.
- Pour the lemon juice into the soup.
- Slowly add (a tsp at a time) soup the the whisked egg in order for the egg to NOT curl/cook. When the egg mixture has taken on the temperature of the soup, pour it into the soup and stir it in.