1.25 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
8 tbsp butter
2-8 tbsp cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnemon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
350 ml evaporated milk
450g canned or freshly boiled pumpkin
- Mix all the dry ingredients of the dough ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the butter in 1 tbsp pieces into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together well with fingers.
- Slowly add the water and mix well, then roll the dough into a disc shape, place between two pieces of cling film and roll out into a large circle big enough to fit into a 22cm in diameter pan with a depth of 4cm.
- Shape the dough into the pan and refridgerate for 1 hour.
- Puree all the ingredients for the filling and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220 degrees celcius then reduce heat to 175 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 2 hours and enjoy.